How can I pay my bill?
There are several ways to pay the balance on your account.
- Online Payment (bank account only): Click here or download the SmartHub mobile app and create a login. You may request paperless billing – it’s a fast and convenient way to receive and pay your bills online.
- 24-hour Pay-By-Phone: Pay using a bank account or credit card 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Representatives are available to assist Monday-Friday 6 a.m.-7 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Processing fees apply. Call toll-free 1-877-306-9267.
- 24-Hour Depository Box: Make your payment after-hours by dropping it into our night depository box next to the drive-through window located at 242 24th Avenue NW in Norman.
- Monthly Bank Draft: Eligible accounts may have their bills automatically deducted from their bank accounts.
- PaySite Kiosks: Pay at local authorized paysite locations, including at the kiosk located outside of OEC headquarters at 242 24th Avenue NW in Norman. Convenience fees may apply.
- Pay in Person: During regular business hours, you may bring a cash or check payment to OEC’s headquarters at 242 24th Avenue NW in Norman.
Can I change my billing due dates?
Electric bills are processed through five cycles, listed here. Contact a Member Service Associate at 405-321-2024 to discuss which cycle best suits you.
What can I do on SmartHub?
- Change your billing address online.
- View your bill electronically.
- Change your e-mail address.
- Report a power interruption.
- Set up automatic bank draft.
- Set up payment arrangements if you qualify.
- Monitor your daily usage.
- Make a onetime payment online.
Will my electricity be disconnected if I cannot pay my bill?
Qualifying accounts may be granted a deferred payment plan, but you must request this PRIOR to the cut-off date. This payment plan includes the current balance and will be required to be paid in full before another deferred payment plan may be initiated.
You may ask for postponement of cut-off due to a life threatening situation if a permanent member of your household is dependent upon electric powered equipment which has been prescribed by a physician and is required to sustain that person’s life. This request must be made and documented PRIOR to the cut-off date.
If you are dissatisfied with any decision or payment plan offered by OEC, you may submit a written detail of the matter to OEC’s Issue Resolution Committee for review. Forms are available at the OEC office or online.
There will be a $100 charge for each trip made in collecting the bill and a $100 fee if the service is disconnected. OEC does not reconnect after business hours or on weekends.
How can I change the name on my account?
OEC members are cooperative owners, and each account represents a membership with associated assets, such as a membership fee, patronage capital, and possibly a deposit. Because of such assets, paperwork, signatures and possible legal documents are required. Please contact a Member Service Rep at 405-321-2024 for the required paperwork.
What is the service availability fee on my bill?
The service availability fee pays for some of OEC’s fixed costs, including distribution and generation capacity, line maintenance and system improvements, and costs for billing, member services and administration. In order for OEC members to be charged an equitable rate no matter what rate class they belong to, such as residential, commercial or industrial, the cooperative must recover a portion of its fixed costs through the service availability fee. The fee is designed to ensure that one rate class does not subsidize another class and that all members pay their fair share of the cooperative’s costs.
Where can I find my account number?
You can find your account number on your bill in two places. The billing stub has the account number and the portion of the bill you keep has it as well. Your bill has a large box made up of smaller boxes. The account number is in the very top left hand corner of that box. It is near the top crease where the bill folds.
Does OEC offer a budget plan?
Yes. it is based on your last 12 months of bills and averages every month, so it varies a little from month to month. With budget billing, you make an average payment each month rather than the actual billing consumption. This is an optional payment plan provided free to all eligible OEC members. Members must agree to pay the average payment on time and in full every month. Members must agree to pay the account in full when they or OEC request that participation in the plan terminate. To be eligible you must:
- Have one-year billing history on the account
- Have a zero balance
- Have made no more than two late payments in the last twelve months.
Contact a Member Service Associate at 405-321-2024 to sign up for budget billing.
When are ON-PEAK hours?
OEC’s On-Peak Summer Rate is in effect June 1 through Aug 31. That means the price of electricity will be higher between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. on weekdays in June, July and August.
If you have any questions that are not answered above, please contact member services at (405)321-2024.